Think of all the contacts your business has right now.They probably aren’t all sales ready leads. Most businesses have various different types of contacts that they reach out to for various reasons at various times.
Who Are These Contacts
- Subscriber– Someone who has opted in for something like your blog or newsletter
- Lead– Someone with more interest than a subscriber who downloaded a piece of content from you and has given more information than just their email
- Marketing Qualified Lead- More interested and active than just a lead, they have probably downloaded 2 or more pieces of content, opened and clicked through a few emails, etc.
- Sales Qualified Lead– Someone who is educated and ready enough to talk to your sales team
- Opportunity– Someone your sales team has spoken to and identified as ready to buy
- Customer– Someone who pays for your services or products
- Evangelist– Someone who is a partner or promoter of your business
Learn more about these contacts and how to develop a successful life cycle communication plan here.